Muscle Tendon Change Classic
(Yi Jin Jing) Instructions
Tips–Keep the mouth closed, and let the tongue rest on the palate.
Intro Preparation: Commence to gather sky energy as you separate arms out to side palm up to shoulder height then bring arms back down palm facing downward. Extend arms outward to bring in earth energy as you move slightly forward in a “hugging motion” bringing arms back to resting position with left fingers resting on right fingers, palm up against lower dan tian.
1.Wei tuo presents pestle “1”
- Stand straight, with the feet a fist’s width apart.
- Lift arms in front of your chest with palms up and fingers together as in prayer.
- Bring up elbows shoulder height
2.Wei tuo presents pestle “2”
- Extend both arms forward
- Extend arms hands out to the side .
- Return the arms to the front with extension
- Pull the hands towards your chest, elbows at shoulder height with palms facing each other.
3.Wei tuo presents pestle “3”
- Drop down the elbows, like a butterfly palms facing each other fingers upward as if to clasp hands.
- Push up the hands up to the sky while lifting up heel
- Slowly bring the hands downward to the side shoulder level
- Arms extended at the side , turn body to the left while bring left arm behind the back with back of left hand resting on lower back, and right arm sweeping to the side of the hip.
- Pull right arm above your head palm facing down, neck turning to the right side while looking at your right hand.
- Turn body to the right while bring right arm behind the back with back of right hand resting on lower back with left arm sweeping to the side of the hip.
- Pull left arm above your head palm facing down, neck turning to the left side while looking at your left hand.
5.Pulling the Ox’s tail
- Bring left foot back then extending right arm in front and left arm in back as right hands turns palm up, and both hand begins to curl into a fist.
- Shift weight backward, bringing your right fist back, and then releasing arm forward.
- Bring left foot to front with feet together.
- Bring right foot back then extending left arm in front and right arm in back as left hands turns palm up, and both hand begins to curl into a fist.
- Shift weight backward, bringing your left fist back, and then releasing arm forward.
- Bring right foot to front with feet together.
- Extend arms out to side like a bird, palm down as you bring them in front of body.
- Inhale drawing the hands in toward chest to palms facing toward each other chest level.
- Continue breath in while opening hands and chest with elbows back , and breath out as you bring the arms forward .
7.Drawing Sword from the Back
- Place left hand on top above heart with right underneath on bottom as if holding a ball, raise left hand upward to the left above head with right hand down at side
- Begin a counter clock wise rotation until as right arm is up and left arm is behind back
- Place right hand in back of the head, with left palm facing outward on lower back and extend torso twisting upward to right and then twist downwards to the left . Perform 3x.
- Begin a counter clock wise rotation until as left arm is up and right arm is behind back
- Place left hand in back of the head, with right palm facing outward on lower back and extend torso twisting upward to left and then twist downwards to the right. Perform 3x.
8.Dishes Lowering to the Ground
- In a horse stance, place arms out to the side to shoulder height, palm down
- Bend knees to comfort level and lower arms down to the hip.
- Turn palms upward and straighten legs back to shoulder height and place palms down. Repeat “2” and “3” 3x
- Hold fists inward to side of abdomen of hip palm up
- Extend right arm to the right chest level
- Open the right fist and separate fingers to form dragons claw,
- Bend elbow slightly and bring right arm to the left crossing center of body
- Bend sideways to the left and lower to the ground to comfort level palm facing ground to outside of left foot.
- Making a semi-circle motion, sweep hands 6 inches in front of left foot to outside of right foot and return arm bending upward and curl fingers back to fist, to inside abdomen level.
- Repeat “2-6” opposite side.
- Turn body to the left, and take a big step forward with the left foot to form a left bow step, pressing toes to the ground.
- Lean the upper body forward, with the fingers apart and slightly bent to form tiger claw.
- Raise both hands with the palms up level with the top of the head.
- Move the hands down across the ears to the front of the body, and then lower them to the ground in front of the extended left foot.
- Press the ground with the fingers spread and the arms straight. Raise the head, and look forward like a tiger about to pounce on its prey. Return the body to the erect position.
- Repeat above movements on the opposite side.
11.Heaven Drums and Deep Bowing
- Stand with the toes pointing outwards feet shoulder width apart.
- Clasp the back of the head with both hands, with the palms covering the ears.
- Place index finger top on top middle finger of each hand, and quickly roll index over middle finger to tap back of head like a drum 7x.
- Bend at the waist and straighten the knees.
- Move head towards the knee to comfort level. Repeat “4” and “5” 3x, and with each repetition lower to comfort level.
- Return to the erect position with the hands still clasping the back of the head.
- Quickly pull hands open to the side palm out fingers pointing upward.
- Interlace the fingers and extend arms outward shoulder level.
- Pull arms back towards chest, and extend arms with palms towards the ground bending downward to comfort level.
- Turn your hip and head to the left and repeat to the right both 3x, as if wagging a tail.
- Return to standing position, and end routine to gather sky energy as you separate arms out to side palm up to shoulder height then bring arms back down palm facing downward. Extend arms outward to bring in earth energy as you move slightly forward in a “hugging motion” bringing arms back to resting position with left fingers resting on right fingers, palm up against lower dan tian.